Sunday, November 12, 2023

Reflection on hate in Bucks County

My father's intentional hatred towards the Japanese, needs to be expressed clearly today. I witnessed this since my earliest years as a Japanese-American nisei, His hate has been a pervasive force. His actions, are backed and encouraged by the community, local officials, police, and NRA, DCM, and others who have systematically sabotaged my life for six years since I returned from 'overseas'.


 Their history of ill-treatment, aimed at accessing money sent to us from Japan, leaves me feeling akin to a hostage while my mother desperately tried to save face - a cultural habit of Japanese heritage that Americans exploited. 

Despite my Issei mom paying for and building our home, police and area attorneys hold a different opinion, fostering an atmosphere against us.This hostility intensified after Japanese funds, which I never saw, ceased following my brother's death. It's a recurring abuse, a stark reminder of the profound impact of prejudice even within families. Amidst this impunity, 

I've supported my Japanese Issei mom in surviving their hateful intentions.I've written letters advocating for policies to punish these officials and protect 1st generation Americans ousted from legal venues. Lawfare is inherent in their battle against us, a tactic undermining minorities.

Their malfeasance has silenced reports of serious bodily injuries and deaths over decades.Since my return in 2018, the relentless attacks persist as my parents enter their 80th year. The community adds stress and permanently damages my ability to be more than a 'functional American.' State employees have even attempted to dismantle my American identity.

Only two of hundreds of notable incidents reflecting his sentiment:
He gave my mother a card depicting the bombing of Hiroshima for her birthday once, knowing she grew up during the nuclear bombings.

Upon returning for a college break, my brother warned me that my father, the police, neighbors, and local civilian militia military (alleged DCM) were shooting at my high school portrait for target practice, prompting me to hide from them.